The makers of CALPOL understand how worrying it can be when little one’s are poorly and how everyday tasks can feel trickier to juggle. A recent survey of mums showed that many find it difficult to manage a poorly child along with their daily tasks, which is why the makers of CALPOL have launched a unique app for the iPhone to provide mums with the added support they need during this time.
With all of that growing up to do, little ones are bound to experience a few hiccups along the way so when children are unwell parents’ primary focus is on getting them better. A recent survey reveals that over half of parents feel anxious that they might misinterpret their child’s symptoms when unwell.
In response to parents’ needs, the new CALPOL app includes, among other features, essential advice on symptoms for the most common childhood illnesses. Providing easily accessible information at their fingertips allows parents’ to keep as much of their attention where it’s needed most, helping to take some of the stress and strain away from mums who are caring for their child. The app also includes a handy feature which reads the advice out loud providing mums with the extra support that they need when they are feeling tired.
The new app has been uniquely designed so that it can be used single‐handedly while a parent is holding their child. Created with busy mums in mind, the app features an easy‐to use ergonomic wheel so that even when mums’ hands are full, they have access to the information they need about their child’s ailment.
Other features include:
– Dosage diary that enables parents to record the dose given to their child and will remind them when they last dosed. A recent survey of mums showed that parents would welcome information about what medicines to administer and when to make looking after their poorly child easier
– Find my nearest pharmacy or hospital – speedy, essential information for a parent wherever they might be with their child when they fall ill
– Temperature tracker that helps parents monitor their child’s temperature over the course of an illness
– Soothing lullabies, which parents can play to help comfort their little ones when they are feeling unwell
– History – to track dosages given to their child and monitor their temperature
– Information on immunisation, including automated immunisation reminders
– Information on the CALPOL range
With many mums using iPhones more than any other smartphone and an average of twelve apps being downloaded by them every month, the new CALPOL app is anticipated to be very popular. The app for the iPhone is free and available for download now from the App store.